24 March 2009

Heart of Glass

They've been playing this tune on Charlottesville's local radio station 91.9 WNRN. At first, I could swear it was Nickel Creek. But Old School Freight Train is actually a local Cville band. The cover is dark, but so well done. Paired up in this video of the battle of Rio Hill Civil War reenactment, keeping it fresh and local. And moving.



Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out, had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
So much mistrust, love's gone behind

Once I had a love and it was divine
Soon found out, I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind
So much mistrust, love's gone behind

In between,
What I find is pleasing
And I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you
It's just no good
You teasing like you do

Lost inside
Adorable illusion and I cannot hide
I'm the one you're using,
Please don't push me aside
We could've made it cruising...

Riding high on love's true bluish light

No comments:

Post a Comment