07 February 2009

Deer Tick : Art Isn't Real

Rhode Island born,
Rhode Island bred,
When I die
I'll be Rhode Island dead.




I am the dotted line
and you fill me in
with whatever you like

And I, I'm just goin' through the motions
And I need an old-fashioned potion
There's gotta be some old recipe
'Cause I gotta get drunk,
I gotta forget about some things

I lived in lies all my life
And I've been livin here for a long, long time
And I know it's been comin down a while now,
When it shows then you get me on the dial
But right now, you're half way around the world
Maybe I'll see better days, but I'm not so sure I will

And I, I'm still hangin round and round
And sometimes it's a racket, but lately not a sound
And in the bowels of history and time,
Well I have learned to stand back and never shine
And now I feel stupid when I smile
For not a journey, but a circus are our lives

(whistle)

I can't make up for everything I waste
And I know that I could never afford a taste
Of anything that your lovely hands make
It eats away, well before the soul breaks

Is it because it brings a smile to my face?
Just a bad memory, you just can't erase

I know of a city to steal from
And I know of a city to cheat on
I know of a city of sin,
And thats the place that I wanna meet you in
Say hello all over again,
Romance me, take me back to the beginning




Deer Tick Music

1 comment:

  1. Andrew Andrew, I just found this and had no idea you had a blog! It's great! Scrolling down through some old entries made me want to go listen to the Byrds' version of the Bob Dylan song on Sweetheart of the Rodeo... You Ain't Goin' Nowhere! Whheeeew, I just love Gram Parsons. I can't wait to listen to that song when it's warm out again and play it loudly through open windows, rolling down a highway. :)

    ReplyDelete